Thursday, March 31, 2005

When You Get So Tired of Yourself

Once again when reading "it takes a church" (www.bolsinger.blogs.com) and followed a few links, I came across an article in Christianity Today where they interviewed Eugene Peterson. In that article "Spirituality for All the Wrong Reasons" he made a statement that has stuck with me for over a week.

Pastor Peterson said, "One way to define spiritual life is getting so tired and fed up with yourself you go on to something better, which is following Jesus."

I am not totally there yet, but I feel it coming and I bless God for it. A couple of years ago I was not even aware of it and now its coming.

Eternity, we are all eternal, and we need to be so sick of ourselves in the flesh in this world that we go on to following Jesus. Wow. Do you feel it? Do you know it?

I am sure none of us is able to stay in that attitude all the time, but getting just little glimpses of it is making me want to move closer.

Jesus is like that. The Spirit is like that. The Father is like that. So much love for one so unworthy of that love that its like a magnet and draws you closer and you know its better and better.

LivingTheDream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home