Monday, February 21, 2005

The Hurrier I Go

While passing through one of my favorite blogs to read, "It Takes A Church" http://bolsinger.blogs.com/ the subject is slowing down spiritually. In a comment posted was the following:

My grandfather had a plaque on his wall that said 'the hurrier I go the behinder I get" .... as the pace continues to grow.

In life and business I have learned that the faster you go the more patience you need. Seems like an oxymoron but it is also truth.

The military calls it the 'balcony view' to step back from the battle to gather your thoughts, regain what is important and then move forward.

Like you, I like to drive fast. Being blessed with a wonderful wife for 25 years she bought me a CTS-V for our anniversary, silver of course. But sometimes, it is nice to drive slow, just knowing it will go fast.

Thanks for reminding us that our spirits need to slow down and dwell on the Word so we can make the most of what God has for us today.

LivingTheDream
www.BizWizDumb.blogspot.com
www.theWeeds.blogspot.com

2 Comments:

At February 23, 2005 at 12:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree, but I am in a hurry...also either you have spyware or I do because there was an ad for sexy girls or something like that and I gather you would not want that on your blog. Your brother in the blogosphere...

 
At February 24, 2005 at 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the note. I have checked my machine and no spyware is there (I use the paid version of Spy Bot Search and Destroy). I will check with blogger to see how that could happen. Not what is wanted.... thanks brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home