Thursday, February 17, 2005

Campaign for Eternity

My church has asked my wife and I to be part of a capital campaign to raise money so the church can handle the new people coming and being saved by the grace and mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Amazingly, though this is not the first time I have participated in such a project (we were very active at a church in Houston, Texas years ago) this time I have a completely different outlook on the project.

Earlier, though the purpose was the same, the need to take care of the growing number of people that were coming to receive Christ and to minister to them, their families and grow them in the Word of God, that project was work.

This project though just beginning already has the excitement of love in it. The love of God through the Holy Spirit.

Things are easy to do and commitments are easy to make and needs are easy to meet when its all about Jesus. Its when we take our individual and corporate eyes off of Jesus that things become difficult. I am thankful for the leadership both from the church and the company we have engaged to help us.

I know that people dont like to hear about God and money, but if God does not have your wallet, He does not have you!

No matter where you go to church, you need to dwell on that.

If you are not a church goer, you need to think about changing eternity. Can you imagine that. You can change eternity..... forever

How can you do that? You can see your need for forgiveness, you can reach out to Jesus to save you from your sins (as He has already done if you will only believe) and you need to start looking into the Bible and learn what Christ says to all of us.

Is it more difficult than that? No it is not. Romans 10:9 says, If you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

And being saved, you will have changed eternity... eternity for you and eternity for all of us who believe as you have joined with us in the community of faith and we will be in eternity together.

Now go find a Bible believing church.... and remember that you have to give it all to Him and that includes your wallet.

With Love in Christ,

LivingTheDream

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2005 at 9:27 AM, Blogger livingthedream said...

Derek,

Thank you for the valuable comment. My purpose was not to confuse, but I can see that through the words I chose it would be easy to misconstrue. Forgive me for that.

The people I speak of that usually dont like to hear about God and money are not born again believers. Those who truly are know about the blessing of the tithe and offerings and live in God's economy that way.

There are many who attend churches that do not live that way however. The last time I heard statistics less than 30% of church members actually tithe. That means that others are either still working toward Christ being the Lord of their lives (and wallets) or they are wanting to be there but cannot give up parts of the world or their lives to truly submit.

We all have some of those items I think as we are still sinners but forgiven.

I am not the one to pass judgement on whether those who do not tithe are saved or not. Many who are saved have areas of disobedience in their lives, tithing could be one of those.

I dont believe that we are saved from God, I believe that we are reconciled to Him. I believe that we are saved from our sins and the temptations of this world.

Christ saved us from our sins by his crucifiction, death and ressurection.

My primary goal of the post was to have people think about committing to God's economy with the tithe and offerings. That is of eternal significance and I am blessed that you see it that way.

In my own walk, only recently have I begun to grasp that eternal significance into my heart. I have always known the words, and their meaning, but it has not been alive for me all my life as it is now.

If I have gone in the wrong direction with this, I ask your forgiveness as my intent was really to speak to the curious about Christ, or those who know but are still struggling with making Christ the Lord of their lives. I appreciate your questioning me and asking for clarification as I do not want to lead people astray.

I want them to have eternity.....

Thank you in His Love,

LivingTheDream

 

Post a Comment

<< Home