Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Lookout Mountain (A Bit Mushy)

Have any of you been to Lookout Mountain in Golden, Colorado on a cold, clear winter's night? What a sight! You can almost see God there.... and you can surely feel Him.

My wife just called me from there as I sit here in southern California telling me about the night sky and how big and clear it is. You can see the Denver Airport nearly 40 miles away from there.

But that is not what inspired me to write this post.

Remembering the nights we used to sit there and just talk to each other. We would pray together. And sometimes share a good Cohiba or Romeo cigar together.

Lookout Mountain was about 15 minutes from our home in Arvada as was a place we went often. All except the 4th of July when the police would block off the road to minimize congestion there with all the fireworks.

We had another mountain not far from there where we would go on the 4th. You could see fireworks from a dozen communities all at once from up there.

Are times alone there were the best though. Good Times. Before I got sick. Before we moved out here to a nice place but with a sky that carries the smog and never is as big, or blue or clear as that in the Rockies.

A place where we grew our relationship with each other and the Almighty. Where we spoke of our needs, our dreams, our desire for others needs with each other and then prayed believing in the blessing that would shower down from above.

If you haven't guessed it, I am a bit emotional about this as she is there and I am here. After nearly 26 years we are still in love.

How you may ask?

Because Jesus Christ loved us first and taught us forgiveness. Without that we could not make it.

I pray you know that love also, and that forgiveness also.

If not, let me know, or let someone know who does know. The change you make is for eternity, not for this finite life, but for the infinite one.

LivingTheDream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home