Sunday, July 23, 2006

Miracle Friends

As you may know, I have some disabilities left from a surgery gone bad. Once in a while I lose sight of where I am going and who I am and just dont want to do anything, see anyone or be anywhere. A couple weeks ago I was in one of those valleys and I asked God why? In that asking I said that I was at my wits end, could not go any more and did not want to go any more.

That pit of despair led me to one of the most miraculous days of my life.

That morning I struggled to go to work. Did not want to be there, did not want to be anywhere. But God, in His infinite mercy was going to teach me that He had heard me and if I would only take the time to count my blessings, I would not end up in a pit (except that I am human and will end up there several times again I am sure).

That day I had the blessing of having two good friends working with me on a project and that began to pick me up. Then another friend, Mr. Indubitably by name, called me from North Carolina out of the blue to see how I was doing and to catch up as we have not exchanged for a number of months.

I opened my email and there was a mail from the Boy Scout of the UK asking me if I was doing ok. Shortly later, another good friend from Colorado, the Bull by name called to let me know what was going on and to see how I was doing. Had not spoken to him for a while. Next the Riceman called, we have been exchanging voice mails for a while but had not touched each other for some time and it was good to hear from him.

None of these had spoken to each other nor had they known what my situation was, that I was down and out and the were lifting me up. My wife of 26 years called me after seeing me down in the morning before I left the house to tell me that all was good.

Before 2 o'clock that day Father Mbanks called, we have not spoken for 5 or 6 months at least and we are and will be for our lifetimes the best of friends. He just had some time and thought of me and called to see how things were going. We used to go to church together when we both lived in the Metroplex.

Only the Holy Spirit of God could do this. The miracle of friends and friends that are miracles, each in their own way at their own time guided by God to touch me.

The joy that was brought was wonderful, and the most wonderful miracle was not my friends, no slight to them intended, but was God, who through them gave me what I needed and gently told me that He is there. Always. And will meet my needs if I just give them to Him.

This day goes into my list of unforgettables for good reason, but even more helps me to remember that this is not about me, its about God and what ever he has for me that must I be and do. Sorry Lord, sometimes its just hard to get ME out of the way.

livingthedream
turn the key and smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home