Monday, February 20, 2006

Prayers, prayers, prayers

Yesterday, some of our dear friends came to visit us. Among our friends were a mission driven couple, a pastor and his wife.

We sang praises, heard a message from God, and heard from His Word. Then we prayed. And prayed. And prayed.

These friends and mentors of ours in Christ we have known for over 20 years but had lost track of them.

They found us several years ago, through something called Medi-Share (sp?). They were praying one day and saw my name on the list. My name was on the list because I had cancer. Recognizing my name they sought us out when we lived in Colorado, before we moved to Southern California where they also now live.

When these people get a list from Medi-Share. They pray through it one name at a time. It could be dozens, hundreds, who knows how many? I will never know how my name got on that list as I am not familiar with Medi-Share (but I will become familiar), but God knows.

Yesterday while they were at our home they mentioned that more than a million people get and pray for that list. A million prayers were prayed for me by people, most of which I have never known or will never know. Hundreds more that I do know have prayed, and I pray for all of them.

One thing I do know is that prayer is powerful and God hears the prayers of His people.

This post is one small way that I can thank those who I do not know who have prayed for me and ask God to bless them mightily for naming my name before Christ and the Father for healing.

May the God and Father of Our Lord Jesus Christ bless you richly in all things. God knows all of your names, who prayed, I do not, but will ask Him to bless you by name as I pray thanks and praises to Him for people like you, who ever you are.

LivingtheDream
Turn the Key and Smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home